Monday, April 18, 2005

Penang Upper East Side 1596 2nd Avenue at 83rd Street

My cell rang around 7:00 with a number on the ID that I wasn’t familiar with. This had happened ½ hour ago and it turned out to be a great friend from England who now has made plans to come over to visit for Memorial Day weekend with her boyfriend so I had no hesitation answering another number I didn’t know. It turned out to be a woman I’d met in San Francisco last July while visiting friends. She came to my apartment where we had drinks and then carried on to Penang around 11 PM. Our waiter was adorable; looked about 16 with porcelain skin and shoulder length black hair that was in ringlet curls like an Anne Rice character. He smiled sweetly every time he was at table and made dining a pleasure. We split appetizers of beef satay and the yummiest spring rolls I’ve ever had. We followed this with one entre of seafood in green curry which was perfection. At that hour it was definitely enough food for two. The most fascinating part of the evening was my new friend Dana who is extremely intelligent; interesting and interested. She fluently speaks Mandarin, French, and English which impresses me to no end as being typically American I’m only passable in a few languages but by no means fluent. One of the best gifts in life is definitely spending time with people who celebrate their life. The hours flew by and I didn’t get to bed until 1:45 which is late as I was running the reservoir in Central Park the next morning at 8 am before going to the gym for a work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com