Thursday, June 30, 2005

Twas the night before vacation


Thursday ended up being a late one. My Mom had mentioned cooking a few things prior to the cruise (she hates to cook) so I told her I’d be glad to do it. As it was all ‘white trash food’; meatloaf, potato salad, cole slaw, macaroni salad, and chicken salad [ok chicken salad alone is not WT but in combination with the others it qualifies] it was not difficult to prepare but all together slightly time consuming. I’d done some of the prep after work on Wednesday so by the time I finished up it was nearing 8 PM. This gave me just enough time to run to the gym to do weights and by 9:30 I was running the reservoir in Central Park. What a beauty the park is post twilight. It was not yet completely dark and there was a low cloud ceiling so the city lights were banked back creating a glow as if Manhattan were encased in a bubble. The old fashioned lamps around the track were all lit and firefly’s scattered their winking mini beacons. (Who knew there were fire flies in CP? I didn’t.) At that hour the track is sparsely populated which makes running there a real pleasure both for the beauty of the night and the solitude. By the time I returned home, showered and ate dinner it was past 11. A bit of pre-sleep reading and it was past midnight by the time I shut my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com