Monday, April 18, 2005

Bistro Les Amis 180 Spring Street

Dana and I drove over to Red Hook to the ABC outlet (no outlet prices that I could tell, I felt like the advertisement that had motivated me to hit it, ‘up to 70% off” was false advertising) and then as long as we were in the neighborhood I wanted to check out West Elm as I’d been getting their catalogue for ages and wanted to see the goods in person. Good looking modern lifestyle furnishings and accessories at reasonable prices so worth the stop. We drove back into town and parked on E. Houston then walking though SOHO. First stop was Lounge on Broadway where we both bought a pair of shoes. They have a great selection of designer goods with bi annual end of season sales that can’t be beat. The manager of the shoe department got really excited when he saw the shoes I was trying on/buying as they’d just been put on the floor and he’d been the one responsible for adding them to the mix; 'Cus He' is the brand and they live up to the name.
Lunch at the Bistro was as good of French food as can be had in Paris. We split a bowl of mussels and a seared tuna sandwich with salad. I love eating with people who share! The meal was perfect as was the friendly and attentive waiter. Actually his attention bordered on flirty with lots of hand on back contact but as he was cute it was ok by me.
After lunch we strolled first through G- Star where I bought a great pair of pants and then through NOLITA on our way back to the car. Nolita is always a pleasure as it is chock full of creativity, fantastic one off stores and the people watching is wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com