Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pastis

Is where we ended up for dinner. I swore the last time I was there in late summer of last year that it was the last time. All of the beautiful people (in their own and only their own minds) were there in full force and boy were they all important. Yuck. It was a contagion that even the staff caught that summer night. As we walked past last night it wasn’t too crowded and as I had an out of towner with me I relented. I’m glad I did. We both ordered the Salad Nicoise which I’d been wanting since Markt last Friday and it was actually the best Nicoise I’ve ever had! Sparkling water was the perfect festive beverage to accompany a first summer night meal and the wait staff could not have been more pleasant and attentive. Actually everyone that we talked to from staff to other patrons were remarkably attitude free which means I’ll be going back. My Pastis boycott is over for as long as the attitude stays real and the food and service superb. Two salad entrees and a large bottle of water was just under $50 with tip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com