Friday, June 03, 2005

Friday Morning in SF

I flew across the country on Thursday night and I’d used points for my ticket on US Airways. Since they NEVER have award tickets for the dates when I want to travel in Coach so I used twice the points and flew first class. What a drag that was. I’ve not flow 1st on US Air in a few years and has it ever changed for the worse. I could have had as much leg room in the exit aisle with the same service. Only 1st Class that I’ve been on that was worse was Aeroflot from Delhi to Moscow then Moscow to Istanbul. I kid you not; the toilet seats were wooden!
Friday morning Sue and I walked down the hill from their lovely apartment to have coffee and pastries at a local place called Patisserie. Just the stroll to have breakfast was breathtakingly beautiful and aromatic too as everything is blooming. After tea and pastries we set off to wander some gardens and ended up at the Conservatory of Flowers which is in the Golden Gate Park. (Link above)
They currently have and exhibit called Natures Pharmacy the healing power of plants. Make a point of going as it’s a truly gorgeous place. As we meandered back to her house it struck me like a bolt that one of the things that I’m really missing in NYC is nature. Despite running in the park I feel completely disconnected from nature and that I have to change. It’s essential to me and I’ve let it slip away without realizing how integral it is to a healthy and complete life. This has motivated me to start taking day trips to the Hudson River valley, the Pocono’s, and slightly Upstate NY to find a weekend place to buy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com