Thursday, April 21, 2005

Central Park Reservoir

Last night kept me at the office a bit later than usual putting together some packages that needed to be Fedex’d internationally. That done I thought I’d treat myself to some new denim so stopped by H& M and sure enough they had some great dark denim that had just come in. One pair is slim cut, low slung, and gives great box. The other is a dark wash in a loose cut but equally fun. Throw in a couple of (ok 9) t shirts, a pair of casual pants, jam’s and some belts and I was happily on my way home having spent less than I would have on one item at Saks.
As the day had been stressful I found myself having a cig craving on my walk from the subway so quickly changed and went to the Central Park reservior for a couple of laps (which is just over 3 miles). The walk over to the entrance was georgeous with all the flowering trees fairly bursting and the temperature starting to drop a bit. I always run in the morning so was unprepared for the unbelievable beauty of the park in twilight as the lights of the buildings surrounding are starting to glow and then sparkle as the darkness sets in. The moon became visable and reflected in the water that I was lucky enough to be running around as a balmy breeze became fairly constant, blowing across the water with the slightest welcome chill. I was probably grinning like the village idiot as I jogged but really could not care as it was one of those perfect only in NYC moments that made me feel so grateful for being here in this moment in this wonderful place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com